Ah, paint brushes, so many types and styles that create so many neat strokes. To be honest, I am not much of a painter. But I do love experimenting with different textures when I paint. I have some fun ways to get an even cooler, more unique brush stroke on that boring canvas or that project that needs some texture.
- Bell Pepper – Cut a bell pepper down the center and you get a neat shamrock affect
- Celery – Stalks make a neat moon shape. If you cut the whole stalk almost at the end, you can get a neat rose effect
- Potatoes – You can cut them into neat shapes or just use a half
- Corn – You can use it as a paint roller and get awesome dots
- Cauliflower – Use a floret cut in half for a neat flower effect
- Orange or Lemon – slice and use as a fun stamp
A fun thing to do, too is to take a clothespin and attach one of these “brush tips” and, Bam! You have a fun new texture to try out. If you have kiddos they will love this too!
- Pipe Cleaner
These are just some ideas, of course. You can experiment and make your own. Sometimes it’s fun just to ditch the old paint brush and do something new, even a toothbrush!